Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ka running like crap

Go down 
+3
mikey z
Dirty Dee
s13ftw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
s13ftw
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 190
Vehicle : s13 coupe & is300

ka running like crap Empty
PostSubject: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2008, 1:42 pm

well basically it runs fine at idle and partial throttle. at full throttle or near full it just chokes, runs like shit and the rpms will hardly crawl upwards.

only mods on the motor are intake and full catless exhaust.

where should i start?
Back to top Go down
Dirty Dee
Post Whore
Post Whore
Dirty Dee

Number of posts : 3781
Vehicle : 2012 WRX

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2008, 3:35 pm

check the grounds on the motor
Back to top Go down
mikey z
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter

Number of posts : 317
Vehicle : Chevy Trailblazer, Audi A4

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2008, 8:58 pm

ya those grounds are killer. my sr was just like that n when i looked my ground it had melted.

also you can check your mass airflow sensor. make sure the connection is good
Back to top Go down
s13ftw
Light Duty Poster
Light Duty Poster

Number of posts : 190
Vehicle : s13 coupe & is300

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2008, 3:28 pm

#4 had gasoline on it when i pulled it and a matter of fact enough that my hands still stink like gas from it. got more tinkering to do. thx for the input so far

ka running like crap Dsc02706sp9
ka running like crap Dsc02707bv9
Back to top Go down
SEXYDRIFTER
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
SEXYDRIFTER

Number of posts : 247
Vehicle : 1990 nissan 240sx se hb rps13

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:03 am

yea mine fouled out just like that and i am running on two stuck open fuel injectors ,the ones in da middle. what i would do is use brake parts cleaner from the spray can an clean them ,then put new injectors an see what happens . i already did it and it works but my motor still needs new piston rings na d i am still running lol its funny but my gas milage is still 8 to 12 miles to the gallons . alll of my vac lines are ok and the only mods that i have on it is a apc steel mesh air filter and a custom catless straight pipe 2'25 inch exhaust to a nismo r33 muffler . sounds loud in 1st gear and to mids range 2nd gear . let me know how urs turns out and stuff ....anyone hopefully comments on what i said would help me out tooo
Back to top Go down
hs13kls
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
hs13kls

Number of posts : 1053
Vehicle : 1991 black coupe

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:12 am

umm... has anyone said fuel pump...fuel filter
MAF..
maybe..maybe a clogged cat?
Back to top Go down
http://www.leagueltd.com
SEXYDRIFTER
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
SEXYDRIFTER

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:17 am

nah !!!!!! i just replace those already . i have a brand new fuel pump and assembly and a filter too and a just cleaned my maf sensor with crc maf sensor cleaner . man that stuff works like a charm and no leaks
Back to top Go down
hs13kls
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
hs13kls

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:21 am

hmm..so its just bogging?..my car was doing it..and it was my MAF. and i cleaned mine too..id say change your cat if your exhaust smells funny. but maybe its your injectors..you smell a lot of gas in your motor bay?
Back to top Go down
SEXYDRIFTER
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
SEXYDRIFTER

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 10:30 am

i dont have a cat right now since i am running straight pipe now it does smell like a lot of gas in the outside . and yes my 2nd an 3rd fuel injectors are stuck open so i am dumping way too much fuel and i need new piston rings , thats all but this ka wont die but hopefully not soon since i am going to buy this guys ka
Back to top Go down
hs13kls
Post Enthusiast
Post Enthusiast
hs13kls

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 12:03 pm

hmmm running hella rich?..man...i hope the best for you..its got me.. i mean my car sounds just like how your motor was acting up..but i replaced all of that and it fixed it..i hope the new motor is better Smile
Back to top Go down
SEXYDRIFTER
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
SEXYDRIFTER

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2008, 4:00 pm

so when i buy this guy motor from him . i am going to do a major tune up i mean the whole nine yards from gaskets to cleaning stuff to spark plugs ,,,,, the workz oohhh yeahhh ohhh and i would put a denso o2 sensor instead of a bosch kind cuz the bosch kind does not work accrurately . well let me know on whats going on wit u
Back to top Go down
Xmax
Established Member
Established Member
Xmax

Number of posts : 593
Vehicle : 1993 S13 Fastback and 2006 Mazdaspeed 6

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 11:26 pm

Cleaning your MAF won't do jack, what you guys need to do is test your MAF with a multimeter and see if your MAF is reading anything. Search at what voltage your MAF is suppose to be at. I'd look but I'm to lazy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicagonissanclub.net
ChicagoS14T
Established Member
Established Member
ChicagoS14T

Number of posts : 628

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 6:34 pm

Running rich could be due to a faulty/old/worn out 02 sensor. If the 02 sensor fails the engine dumps more fuel for safety. As far as bogging that can be caused by lack of fuel, bad MAF, or bad injectors. Usually fuel related as the car isnt getting enough fuel and it bogs.

Check the gap on the spark plugs, check your timing on the distributor, do you have new wires?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ka running like crap   ka running like crap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ka running like crap
Page 1 of 1