Chicago Area 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Area 240sx

Since 2006.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

Number of posts : 555
Vehicle : 240sx se

Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 4:09 am

mine crapped out on me, and i need one like right now! So if you got one let me know, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 1:07 pm

im pretty sure Enjuku sells refurbished starters
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 5:43 pm

for how much tho, i dont exactly have a big budget to spend (broke:(
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

Number of posts : 666
Vehicle : 1991 Nissan 240sx

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2007, 10:02 am

I heard that the sentra (sr20de) starter will fit. I'll let you know. Mine went out also about a month ago : (
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com/Rated-R-Performance
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2007, 7:48 pm

yeah man that sucks, at least you have a daily, i'm screwed lol. yeah find out about the sr20de, the end of the starter has to be inside though, because it comes out unlike the ka which sticks out, i'm sure u know tho, thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 5:13 pm

No longer need this. I'm buying of a guy from 240sxforums, and the sr20de starter isn't compatible, it looks more like a ka starter.
Back to top Go down
lopez6558
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
lopez6558

Number of posts : 321
Vehicle : 95 240sx coupe/96 240sx coupe

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 5:28 pm

ka starters will work with the sr though.
Back to top Go down
http://grimcreations.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 9:21 pm

lopez6558 wrote:
ka starters will work with the sr though.

no it wont
Back to top Go down
lopez6558
Forum Frequenter
Forum Frequenter
lopez6558

Number of posts : 321
Vehicle : 95 240sx coupe/96 240sx coupe

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 9:30 pm

yea i helped my cuz with his sr and we used the stock ka starter, it wasn't a direct bolt on though. some guy at touge factory explaind to us how to use the ka starter.
Back to top Go down
http://grimcreations.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 10:05 pm

lopez6558 wrote:
yea i helped my cuz with his sr and we used the stock ka starter, it wasn't a direct bolt on though. some guy at touge factory explaind to us how to use the ka starter.

well share the story many people here on the forum would greatly apperciate the info and will help save alot of money
Back to top Go down
Nachtmensch
whatever
whatever
Nachtmensch

Number of posts : 11764
Vehicle : MRS, IS350

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 10:19 pm

red7 wrote:
lopez6558 wrote:

well share the story many people here on the forum would greatly apperciate the info and will help save alot of money
for sure. if you're going to tell us that the KA starter works, please take the time to explain how it does and what needs to be done to make it work.
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 7:59 pm

It's actualy very easy and cheap Smile. Take out your sr starter, then get aka starter. If you only need the solenoid then just take that off it's a direct fit. If you need the actual coil part, then un bolt the two long thin bolts at the end of each starter, then it's all just memory from there. Rightnow i have a ka coil with the sr gear... nice.
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2007, 8:19 pm

Well I finally got mine rebuilt.

Grrrr....cost me $120.

Which ain't tooo bad....
Back to top Go down
Mr.BackFire
Established Member
Established Member
Mr.BackFire

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2007, 5:56 am

WHaaaaa! dam if i only got to you sooner, you could have gotten yours workin in no time, and for 15 bucks, unless you had a ka starter lyin around, o well at least it's all new now.
Back to top Go down
Rated240R
Official Chef
Official Chef
Rated240R

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2007, 9:29 am

yeah couldn't wait, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!   Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Sr20det starter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1